I specialize in systems engineering and performance optimization. I can help you:
- handle big data without building an expensive distributed system
- replace complex hand-coded data pipelines with simple declarative languages
- improve response times and reduce server expenses for your web service
- use web assembly to speed up hotspots in your web app
- train your team in Rust or Julia
Jamie is a first principles thinker with a deep understanding of systems and algorithms. He is fearless in the way he approaches problems. Jamie’s research on staged compilation saved our team many person years of effort, and his training and support was crucial to our adoption of Julia. I hope to have the opportunity to work with him again soon.
– Molham Aref, CEO, RelationalAI
Jamie brought a degree of rigor and theoretical knowledge that took the company to places we never could’ve gone otherwise. From exploring the implications of language semantics to building high performance database engines, he didn’t just help us get things done, he helped us get them done right. As a result, we were able to explore in weeks what could’ve easily taken years
– Chris Granger, CEO, Eve
Jamie took over the latexsearch engine, our most technically challenging project to date, and turned it from a foundering prototype into a successful service with over 200k users. His engine required only one small server and ran uninterrupted for over 5 years with no errors.
– Brian Bishop, VP Platform Development, Springer
I’m based in London and also happy to work remotely.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.